Monday, November 26, 2012

November's DT work For The LOVE of Art

This week I am very happy to share the layouts and  other items I created with  the  Authentique "Lively" collection .  First let me give you links to the items in (fantastic) design team kit for November I received:
Petaloo Flowers and Pins, Freckled Fawn Washi Tape, Kaiser Craft pearl strips, Burlap sheet,
Maya Road Trim  and May Arts Mesh.
I loved the mix of supplies and since at first I was stumped as in how I was going to use the burlap I will start off with the card and tag I made from this months box of goodness.
  I took the following items...
 1st I took a can of "June Taylor's Basting Spray" and lightly misted a piece of cardstock and pressed a piece of burlap onto it. If you would like any of these pictures enlarge just click on them.


 Then I ran it through my "Vagabond" machine with the Tim Holtz sizzix butterfly mover and shaper die.
I liked the result so well I tried it again with a couple of more shapes.
Here is my finished card and tag.
I hope you enjoyed the little tutorial. I plan on making some more textured embellishments with the burlap.
Don't forget there is a fantastic sale in the For the Love of Art Store. Go there fast and check it out!
I will share on of my layouts tomorrow. I would love you to come back and take a look.
Dria

No comments: