Sunday, June 1, 2014

Altered shadow box


Frilly and Funkie has a Vintage Seaside challenge so I decided to see what I could come up with.
I bought shadowbox frame at Goodwill for $2.00 ..it was all black with a printed  picture and saying.
I took it apart. painted it all cream then added distress inks and stains t get the watery look.
Inside I layers papers, cheese cloth, shells, charms, distress glitter and used lots if mists, stamps and stencils.
I love going to the thrift shops and finding things to revive!

5 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

this turned out soooo pretty!!! LOVE the new color of the frame and flowers!!!!

Nancy Dynes said...

I absolutely adore your seaside shadow box!! The colors are divine and I love your layers and creative embellishments. Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly an Funkie Challenge Blog!
Hugs,
Nancy

Buttons said...

WOW! What a transformation!!! Love the frame, the umbrella, the seascape and the scattering of sand and shells along the shoreline. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Cec said...

What a gorgeous altered item and the great scene you created. I need to head to thrift shops if there are pieces like this there. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

antenucci said...

Love this Dria, so totally perfect!